Sachin Tendulkar announces retirement from ODI
With amid shocking news, Sachin Tendulkar’s news of retirement from ODI has shaken the cricket world. The master blaster on Sunday surprisingly announced that he will be retiring from ODI, which brings the end of 23-yrs of career in the format.
On retiring he said, “I have decided to retire from the one-day format of the game. I feel blessed to have fulfilled the dream of being part of a World Cup wining Indian team. The preparatory process to defend the World Cup in 2015 should begin early and in right earnest.”
Tendulkar, who was considered next to Sir Donald Bradman, had a worst time in the test series against England in India, facing criticism and pressure on retirement. However he wished his team for the best future in the format.
“I would like to wish the team all the very best for the future. I am eternally grateful to all my well wishers for their unconditional support and love over the years,” he said.
The Mumbaikar will now be concentrating on Test cricket and will continue to perform well in the format. For him the brightest moment of his career was when he was in the Indian team which won the World Cup final for the second time last year.
Besides bowling, the master blaster also had a goof time in bowling department with finishing his ODI career in 154 wickets.
His left his ODI format with massive 18,426 runs in 436 ODI’s at an average of 44.83. He is the only batsman earning 49 hundreds, including double century.